- Apply to USP! The application requires an essay about why you are interested in the Social Work Emphasis (SWE).
- Read through the Practicum Site Descriptions and other resources on the website for more information about the SWE and opportunities.
- After acceptance to USP, complete the online Placement Questionnaire.
- The USP Social Work Coordinator will email you about 6 weeks before your arrival in Uganda to request any further information.
- The SW Coordinator will utilize the information from your application essay, placement questionnaire, and email discussion to inform the final placement decision.
- During USP orientation, you will meet with the SW Coordinator to discuss the organization at which you have been placed.
Feel free to email the Social Work Coordinator ([email protected]) at any point in this process. If you are taking a pre-practicum course at your home campus that requires more information about your placement, email the SW Coordinator.