Check out the Who-What-When-How below for all the details!
While we are taking submissions, there are three ways for you to earn bonus points on social media – mainly our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! These points will be incorporated into our voting scoresheets.
- Follow BestSemester’s social media accounts (one point per platform, three points possible).
- Post your photo entries to social media with our hashtag (one point per platform, three points possible) The hashtag for this contest is #bestsemesterpc18.
- Tag BestSemester in your photos (one point per platform, three points possible).
WHO CAN ENTER:
- Any alum from our BestSemester programs
- Any students enrolled in a Fall 2018 semester
WHEN DOES IT START & END:
- Submit photo entries during September 4th-October 5th
- Finalists will be announced on October 12th
- Likes/shares will commence October 12th and last through October 19th
- Winners will be announced on October 22nd
WHAT DO I WIN & HOW DO I WIN:
- Winners will receive:
- 1st Place - GoPro Hero
- 2nd Place - HP Sprocket Portrable Photo Printer
- 3rd Place – Fujifilm Instax Polaroid Camera
- The winner will be selected based on the number of likes and shares their specific photo gains
- 1 like = 1 entry
- 1 share = 2 entries
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN OUR FINALISTS:
- Captures our core components:
- Cultural Immersion
- Experiential Learning
- Academically Rigorous
HOW TO ENTER:
The Fine Print:
The 2018 BestSemester Photo Contest will open for entries on SEPTEMBER 4, 2018. Submissions will be accepted until OCTOBER 5, 2018 at 11:59PM EST. The 10 finalists will be selected and announced OCTOBER 12TH on our Facebook page. "Voting" will start October 12th and last until October 19th at 11:59PM EST. The winner will officially be announced October 22nd, 2018.
Please keep the following in mind when selecting photos to submit:
- Photographs must be in digital format and include a caption to be used for any printing publications
- Only online entries will be eligible
- No print submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest
- Must be in PNG, GIF, JPEG or JPG format, and must be able to be printed clearly in an 8”x10” at 300dpi
- Photos must NOT contain material, language, images, etc. that are not fitting with the mission of BestSemester
All entries must be the original property of the person submitting the photo. Photographs must have been taken during the contestant’s term of participation in a BestSemester program and may not previously have won an award in a BestSemester Photo Contest. Entries may not be submitted to other contests or purposes that would restrict permission of BestSemester/the CCCU to use your photo.
By entering, the contestant authorizes BestSemester and/or the CCCU to use the image and/or video in electronic and/or print publications. To the extent that it is feasible, you should secure the permission of people included in your photo(s) to use their image for this contest (and possible use in BestSemester and/or CCCU publications). BestSemester and the CCCU reserve the right to refrain from posting pictures and videos that contain material, language, images, etc. that are not fitting with the mission and beliefs of the program.
The winner will be selected based on likes and shares from our Facebook photo album - so encourage your friends to log in and vote. Winners will be announced October 22, 2018. In the event of a tie, BestSemester staff will select the winning photo.