For this thematic concentration select one primary tutorial, one secondary tutorial, and one integrative seminar (normally from the discipline of your primary tutorial). These courses are in addition to the British landscape course for which you choose case studies appropriate to your thematic concentration when in Oxford.
More information on each tutorial is available by downloading the tutorial descriptions for each subject.
Tutorials from Classics
- Athenian Democracy in the Classical Age
- Greek literature of the 5th Century BC
- Historiography (Greek and Roman Authors)
- Sexuality and Gender in Greece and Rome
- The Early Greek World and Herodotus' Histories, 650–479 BC
- The Hellenistic World: societies and cultures, c.300–100 BC
- Thucydides and the Greek World, 479–403
Tutorials from Philosophy
- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics
- Plato, Republic