Who Are Alumni Ambassadors?
Alumni Ambassadors are program alumni selected to represent BestSemester® on their home campus.To be eligible, you must have completed at least one semester/summer term on a BestSemester program and be returning to your college/university campus for at least one more semester.
We are looking for alumni who truly had a great experience and can't wait to share their excitement with their peers!
What Do Alumni Ambassadors Do?
- Be the BestSemester student spokesperson for off-campus studies on your campus
- Speak in classes and set up tables to reach students on campus
- Plan, promote, and host on-campus event(s) with the help of BestSemester resources
- Promote BestSemester programs using online tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Connect and coordinate with BestSemester alumni on your campus
- Follow up with interested students after events
- Participate in training and conference calls with BestSemester staff and other Alumni Ambassadors
Click here to download the description of this awesome position.
How Do I Apply?
Applications to serve as an Alumni Ambassador for the fall 2015 semester are now open! CLICK HERE to access the form.
Questions? Please contact Hannah Wasco, BestSemester Student Programs Assistant, at 202-548-5201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Should I Be an Alumni Ambassador?
Here's what some of our recent ambassadors have to say...
"BestSemester was one of the most formative experiences of my time in college. Now, a year removed, and through participating in the Alumni Ambassador Program, I'm finding a unique place to unpack many significant lessons and experiences and connect with others about my beautiful four and half months in Uganda through the Uganda Studies Program."
-Marybeth Conlon, USP Spring 2011, Gordon College
"BestSemester gives college students the real world experience they can't wait until graduation to get. That's what it did for me so they are easy programs to support by becoming an alumni ambassador."
-Jenny Miner, WJC Spring 2011, California Baptist University
"I enjoyed my experience so much, while also grasping how much it changed my outlook and perspective that I would want to give everyone of my college that opportunity."
-Connor Dealy, SSO Spring 2012, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Alumni Ambassadors: Engaging Alumni in Reentry and Recruitment
Click here for content from our NAFSA 2013 poster session.
Fall 2015 Alumni Ambassadors